Act now to urge Texas lawmakers to support Property Tax Reform during the Special Session!
SB 1 has moved out of the Senate and is now up for vote of the full House on Saturday. We encourage you to contact your state elected officials in Texas and urge them to support Property Tax Reform. Let's show lawmakers that Texans understand that skyrocketing and uncontrolled commercial property taxation is putting economic growth and jobs at risk - for both the public and private sector!
Please find below a sample message to send to your representative:
Support Senate Bill 1 in this Special Session
As a Texas taxpayer, I urge you to support Senate Bill 1 during the Special Legislative Session. This is a very important issue and could provide long-overdue tax relief and reform for Texas residents and businesses. Reform would add consistency, transparency, and accountability to the appraisal process, and provide better local control by keeping tax rate decisions where they belong, with the local taxpayers.
Thank you for your consideration and please support this very important issue during the Special Legislative Session.
Taxed Out of Town
BOMA Dallas has joined all BOMA Texas local organizations in supporting Taxed Out of Town, a public awareness initiative designed to promote appraisal district and property tax reform. Proposed legislation is being drafted for the 2017 Texas legislative session to support this effort.
Links to State Agencies
- The State of Texas | Governor Greg Abbott
- The State of Texas | House of Representatives
- The Texas Senate | 82nd Legislature
- Texas Legislature Online | Who Represents Me?
- Texas Legislature Online | Receive Bill & Meeting Alerts?
- The State of Texas | Comptroller, Susan Combs
- Texas Secretary of State | Hope Andrade
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC)
- Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)