Building Leaders is a 12-month program designed to help commercial real estate professionals learn skills needed to become a leader in the industry and the association while creating a community within BOMA Dallas.
Ideal candidates are dedicated to growing within the industry and association. Candidates must be employed by a BOMA Dallas member company. Participation is limited to 10 individuals.
- Exclusive education provided by leading professionals within BOMA Dallas and outside of the industry.
- Community of approximately 10 commercial real estate professionals.
- Mentor/protégé relationship that will provide career insight and professional growth.
- Personal assessment providing participants a greater understanding of his/her strengths.
- Proposed value of this program is approximately $1,300 per person. ACTUAL COST per applicant if accepted is $250.
- Property Management
- Industry Leadership
- Association Management
- BOMA Dallas Leadership
- Individual must submit completed application stating what he/she wants to accomplish from the program.
- Applicant must be employed by a BOMA Dallas member company.
- No more than one employee per BOMA Dallas member company will be selected for the program. However, each company is encouraged to submit multiple candidates. If there are not enough candidates for the program, the Committee can select more than one individual per company.
- Applicant must have worked in the commercial real estate industry (specifically property management) between two and seven years.
- A letter of recommendation and acknowledgement by the principal member or immediate supervisor is required.
- Applicant must commit to attend ALL Building Leaders sessions and respond to session related surveys. Failure to participate can result in dismissal from the program.
- Payment of a $250 application fee upon acceptance into the program.
DOWNLOAD A FULL COPY OF THE PROGRAM OUTLINE HERE.
|Friday, January 11||Half-Day Program|
|Thursday, February 21||Real Estate Principal Member Breakfast|
|Friday, February 22||Social Event/Team Building|
|Friday, March 8||Half-Day Program|
|Friday, April 12||Social Event|
|Friday, May 10||Half-Day Association Leadership Program|
|Tuesday, July 16||July Monthly Luncheon|
|Thursday, August 8 (optional)||Real Estate Principal Member Breakfast|
|Friday, August 16||Half-Day Industry Leadership Program|
|Friday, September 13||Breakfast Program|
|Thursday, October 10||Etiquette Event (Evening)|
|Thursday, November 7||Committee Chair Orientation|
|Thursday, November 21||Principal Member Event|
|Thursday, December 5||Board of Directors/Former President Holiday Lunch|
Dates and Deadlines
|September 15||Application Period Begins|
|October 15||Application Due to BOMA Office|
|No later than Monday, December 3||Candidates Notified of Acceptance|
|December 15||Payment Submitted to BOMA Office|
Email all completed documents to Alyssa Meek, email@example.com
The Building Leaders Program is Sponsored by