Foundation Community Service Committee
Program Description – Community service is one of the BOMA Greater Dallas and the Foundation (formerly DBEI) core values.The goal of this program is to give back to the community in areas where there is a proven need. Current community service programs include:
- Toiletry Drive
- School Supply Drive
- Holiday Toy Drive
- The Gala*
Committee Charge – The Foundation Community Service Committee supports the organization’s “community service core value” by managing the programs listed under the program description. The group also selects the BOMA Greater Dallas “sponsored charities”.
The Community Service Committee is encouraged to review all programs annually to ensure they support the organization’s mission. The Committee is allowed to develop new programs upon approval by the Foundation Board of Trustees.
Committee Composition – Membership on the Community Service Committee is subject to the policies and procedures established by the Foundation Board of Trustees. Per existing policy:
- The Committee should have between four and 10 members;
- The Committee will have a chair and a co-chair;
- It is preferable that both the committee chair and co-chair be real estate members;
- Under no circumstances should both the chair and co-chair be an allied member;
- The Community Service Committee may have “volunteers” who are not committee members but assist with program and event preparation
CSC Chair - Kelli Garca, Piedmont Office Realty Trust
Board Liaison - Steve Broom, Fujitec America
Staff Liaison - Lisa Wallace, BOMA Greater Dallas
Visit the Committee Home Page to download the current Leadership Directory (rosters).
This committee does not count towards CPD points for a BOMI designation.