Foundation Education Committee
Program Description – Education is one of the BOMA Greater Dallas and Foundation (formerly DBEI) core values. Through the BOMA Greater Dallas Foundation Education Committee, the organization provides education related to BOMI designations as well as education designed for professional enhancement.
Committee Charge – The Education Committee is responsible for the development and management of local classes for the RPA, FMA and SMA/SMT designation programs as well as ongoing continuing education classes and seminars. Specific duties include developing the education calendar, selecting instructors and promoting the classes. The committee also works: to increase awareness of the designations; establish and conduct training programs as needed for building managers and their staff; and coordinate with local public schools to develop training programs in building engineering, property management, and real estate leasing and brokerage.
Committee Composition – Membership on the Education Committee is subject to the policies and procedures established by the Foundation Board of Trustees. Per existing policy:
- The Committee should have between four and 10 members;
- The Committee will have a chair and a co-chair;
- It is preferable that both the committee chair and co-chair be real estate members;
- Under no circumstances should both the chair and co-chair be an allied member;and
- The composition of the committee must be at least 50% real estate and no more than 50% allied members.