Start Date: 7/1/2021 12:00 AM CDT
End Date: 7/31/2021 11:45 PM CDT
BOMA Greater Dallas
500,000 - 1 Million Square Feet Category
All buildings with at least 50% office are are eligible.
A $250 entry fee must be paid in order to submit a building for consideration at the local level. If entrant wins at the local level and moves on to compete in the regional/international level, a $375 entry fee must be paid to submit your book.
1. The building must win at the local level to advance to the regional level and must win at the regional level to advance to International.
NOTE: At-Large entries, entries that are outside the jurisdiction of a local association, must submit their portfolio directly to their region using BOMA International’s TOBY Web site at http://toby.boma.org for regional judging and must notify their regional awards chair of their intention to compete.
2. All portfolios must have undergone a building inspection and scored at least 70% to be eligible to compete. Each entrant must upload the completed and signed TOBY Building Inspection Verification form to be eligible to compete at the Regional and International level (this form is provided by your local BOMA association or International Affiliate organization).
3. The building must be a member, or managed by an entity that is a member, in good standing with both their BOMA local association and BOMA International in order to compete at the regional and/or international levels. Specifically, all membership fees, and any other debt, must be paid prior to entry.
4. The building may not have won in the same category at the international level during the last 5 years (i.e. Buildings that win in 2021 are not eligible to compete until 2026 and awarded in 2027. The building may not have won in a different category at the international level during the last 3 years (i.e. Buildings that win in 2021 are not eligible to compete until 2024 and awarded in 2025.
5. The building must be occupied for at least one full year from the date of occupancy of the first tenant by June 15, 2021 with a minimum of 12 months of building operations.
6. At least 50% of a building’s space must be used as office space to be considered for all categories with the exception of Industrial, Mixed-Use, Public Assembly and Retail categories. Buildings submitted in the Industrial category must have more than 5% and less than 50% office area as measured by BOMA standards. Buildings submitted in the Mixed-Use category must have at least 10% office space.
7. All categories must be at least 50% percent occupied.
8. Each building may enter in only one category.
9. All U.S. Entrants with the exception of industrial, mixed-use, public assembly and retail buildings are required to be ENERGY STAR ® benchmarked. All other entrants must complete the following:
(1) provide a copy of the current year Statement of Energy
Performance printed from ENERGY STAR ®
(2) share their data with BOMA International in the ENERGY STAR® online portfolio manager. Any entry that does not include both 1 and 2 will not be eligible to compete at the International level.
To share your data with BOMA International, go to the Facility Summary page on the ENERGY STAR® website by clicking on the facility name on the My Portfolio page. Select “Add user to share this facility” under the Sharing Data section (on the right-hand side of the page) and follow the instructions.
9. An entrant may choose to enter multiple buildings as a single entry only if the buildings are owned by the same company, managed by the same company and the buildings are managed as a single entity and not within a suburban office park. All entries must disclose whether their entry is a single building or multiple buildings.
10. For any building that enters the competition at the local and regional level that may encounter a change in management and/or ownership and wins at the International level, the award will be presented to the management company/owner at the time of the original entry.