Building Leaders is a 12-month program designed to help commercial real estate professionals learn skills needed to become a leader in the industry and the association while creating a community within BOMA Greater Dallas.
Ideal candidates are dedicated to growing within the industry and association. Candidates must be employed by a BOMA Greater Dallas member company. Participation is limited to 10 individuals.
- Exclusive education provided by leading professionals within BOMA Greater Dallas and outside of the industry.
- Community of approximately 10 commercial real estate professionals.
- Mentor/protégé relationship that will provide career insight and professional growth.
- Personal assessment providing participants a greater understanding of his/her strengths.
- Proposed value of this program is approximately $1,300 per person. ACTUAL COST per applicant if accepted is $250.
- Property Management
- Industry Leadership
- Association Management
- BOMA Greater Dallas Leadership
- Individual must submit completed application stating what he/she wants to accomplish from the program.
- Applicant must be employed by a BOMA Greater Dallas member company.
- No more than one employee per BOMA Greater Dallas member company will be selected for the program. However, each company is encouraged to submit multiple candidates. If there are not enough candidates for the program, the Committee can select more than one individual per company.
- Applicant must have worked in the commercial real estate industry (specifically property management) between two and seven years.
- A letter of recommendation and acknowledgement by the principal member or immediate supervisor is required.
- Applicant must commit to attend ALL Building Leaders sessions and respond to session related surveys. Failure to participate can result in dismissal from the program.
- Payment of a $250 application fee upon acceptance into the program.
DOWNLOAD A FULL COPY OF THE 2020 PROGRAM OUTLINE HERE.
Please note the information in the program outline is subject to change.
New! 2020 Program/Session Outline
|Friday, January 10||Half-Day Program|
|Tuesday, February 18||Real Estate Principal Member Breakfast|
|Friday, February 21||Social Event/Team Building|
|Friday, March 6||Half-Day Program|
|Friday, April 3||Social Event|
|Thursday, April 9||BOMA Greater Dallas Trade|
|Friday, May 8||Half-Day Association Leadership Program|
|Tuesday, July 21||July Monthly Luncheon|
|Thursday, August 6 (optional)||Real Estate Principal Member Breakfast|
|Friday, August 14||Half-Day Industry Leadership Program|
|Friday, September 11||Breakfast Program|
|Thursday, October 8||Etiquette Event (Evening)|
|Thursday, November 5||Committee Chair Orientation|
|Thursday, November 19||Principal Member Event|
|Thursday, December 3||Board of Directors/Former President Holiday Lunch|
|Monday, December 14||Final Program Discussion|
2020 Submission Deadlines
|September 15||Application Period Begins|
|October 15||Application Due to BOMA Office|
|No later than Tuesday, December 3||Candidates Notified of Acceptance|
|December 15||Payment Submitted to BOMA Office|
Email all completed documents to Colleen Bransford.
The Building Leaders Program is Sponsored by